How to create a packing list for shipping material? With TDox is simple and easy and it’s possible to make it available on various mobile devices, thanks to its multi-experience feature, such as smartphones, tablets, rugged devices, barcode driven devices, and even smart glasses.
First of all, let’s understand better what a packing list is and why it is important in the logistic sector. The International Trade Administration (ITA) defines in this way: “a packing list itemizes the contents of each package (box, pallets, etc). It includes weights, measurements and detailed lists of the goods in each package. The packing list should be included in carton or package and can be attached to the outside of a package with a copy inside”.
This kind of document is very useful, especially in case of damages or failed deliveries, but also for what concerns the relocation of one or more goods from a client to another. Therefore, it’s an essential document that companies have to adopt, since it guarantees a better transported goods management.
Now, let’s see how to create a packing list with TDox to transform a paper document in a digital one which allows to have real time data and better logistic processes.
Simply Create a Packing List
The first thing to do is to sign up for TDox (it’s free) and you’ll get access to the free version of the platform. Open the menu and select “Forms” where you can create a packing list. The editor will appear as the picture below.
As you can see, in the sidebar at the bottom of the page there are various functions you can drag-and-drop on the smartphone, while in the chart you see at the right side of the page you can rename these functions, set them as mandatory which means that the operator won’t be able to complete the compiling until he/she fills out that section (very helpful to avoid carelessness); you can add advanced features and customable lists (specific for a particular client).
What are these helpful functions you can add on your form? Let’s see them:
- Text Box and Date Picker. Insert text boxes where you can write, for instance, who and when the delivery has been made.
- Camera integration. TDox is integrated with the camera of the mobile device, so operators can take pictures of material to notify anomalies and damages. These pictures can be easily attached to the form and thanks to the time stamp, TDox is able to record the exact moment when the picture is taken. This integration also makes possible to read barcodes, a helpful tool that can be used to identify tools or specific material.
- Customer Box. Among the various functionalities, there’s the possibility to add a customer box. In this way, when the operator has to fill out a form, he/she will just have to tap on the customer box to find all the customers’ data (name, address, and so on) which is in the database, without the need to copy all the information by hand.
- GPS Detection. With the GPS tool you can communicate to your operators the exact itinerary they have to follow which can be helpful to manage your transporters (read the case of the Italian company Iren) .
- Checklists. Create your own checklists with the tasks that the transporter has to perform which makes the compiling of the packing list even faster and simpler.
- Digital Signature. Certify your documents with a digital signature, so you won’t have the problem to look for a pen anymore, you just need your finger!
- PDF Preview. A simple tool that allows to show a PDF preview to the client, so he’ll be aware of what he’s going to sign.
Once you’ve created your packing list, you just have to select “Save and Send to App” to immediately have the form available on mobile app. Eventually, you can get access to the PDF Editor that allows you to customize the document in order to assure you a custom-made result.
Manage Deliveries from the Agenda
Now that you know how to create a packing list for shipping material, with TDox you can create orders and assign them to your operators to warn them about the daily tasks to be performed or to send them the digital packing list for the customer whom they deliver the material.
In fact, you can create a workload (read the full guide about TDox Workloads here) on webapp and then this is automatically sent to the delivery drivers who receive on their smartphone or tablet the task that has to be performed, so they can get rid of other dispersive communication tools like emails or instant messaging software, because they have all in one single platform.
This enormously simplifies the activities of the operators who can entrust on TDox to have digital packing lists they can fill out just with a finger.
Get digitized with TDox
Choose TDox and create a packing list for your shipping material in an easier and simpler way. Remember that signing up is free and then, if you want to harness all the benefits of TDox, you can monthly or yearly subscribe to the platform as it happens for other subscriptions like Netflix or Amazon. It’s up to you to decide to stop using TDox or to continue to take advantage of it.
In conclusion, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us to know more about TDox and what it can do for you. Furthermore, if you are interested in seeing what TDox looks like in action, request a free demo, and discover a new world of opportunities.
We’re low coding your business apps!
Request a Demo