Have you ever considered how important the logistic management is? It’s a fundamental part of a company through which it’s possible to make processes easier in order to maximize profits. Dr. Eduardo Calixto, in Gas and Oil Reliability Engineering, 2016, defines logistic management as “the part of the supply chain process that plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective flow and storage of goods, services, and related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption to meet customer requirements”.
According to this definition, it’s clear the relevance of logistic management and consequently it’s essential to have the right tools to manage it in the best possible way. In fact, as the business digitization advances, the adoption of digital tools in the logistic sector has become mandatory, since it’s an environment where every second counts.
For this reason, in this article we want to give you 5 good reasons to choose TDox for your logistic management an to start improving your business through the use of digital tools which are specific for the logistic sector. Let’s start!
1. Take advantage of Low-Code
The first reason to choose TDox for your logistic management is the possibility to create apps (forms) in low-code mode. If you’ve never heard about low-code technology, you have to know that it allows you to create apps without having a professional programming knowledge. Anyone can do it, because it’s possible to visually create the apps and to focus on their functionalities and aesthetics, instead of working on the syntax of the code.
A huge availability through which you have developers of the apps who are also the final users, therefore they have a deep knowledge about the business needs. As a result of this, you can create many apps for your logistic management, for instance:
- Proof of Delivery (POD)
- Equipment Management
- Order Picking
- Purchase Order Request
- Products Traceability
- Bill of Lading (BOL)
- Expense Reports
- Inventory Checklist
Furthermore, once you’ve created your specific apps, you can rapidly modify them in case of problems, mistakes, or errors. This represents a big plus that allows you to make changes according to the feedback you receive from your workforce in order to offer them the best way to perform their tasks. A helpful solution to ensure that your employees can work with ease and to create a safe environment where people can get satisfaction for what they do, because they’ve got the right tools to work.
2. It’s a Multi-Experience Development Platform (MXDP)
A multi-experience development platform allows to improve your logistic management. Actually, with a MXDP like TDox is possible to digitize business processes and make them available on different devices.
As a matter of fact, with TDox you can build business apps or create workloads, for instance, and then you make them available on smartphones, tablets, barcode driven devices, rugged devices, and even smart glasses. Consequently, your employees may collect data in real time by simply using a smartphone which gives you the chance to be always updated on the status of a task, so you can allocate new people if there are delays or downtimes.
3. Specific Features for your Logistics
Ok, you can rapidly and easily build apps for your logistics, but what are the features you can add on these apps? Let’s see them:
- Text Box and Date Picker. Insert text boxes where you can write, for instance, the name of the operator that perform that tasks and the data when the intervention is done.
- Camera integration. TDox is integrated with the camera of the mobile device, so operators can take pictures of material to notify anomalies and damages. These pictures can be easily attached to the form and thanks to the time stamp, TDox is able to record the exact moment when the picture is taken. This integration also makes possible to read barcodes, a helpful tool that can be used to identify tools or specific material.
- Customer Box. Among the various functionalities, there’s the possibility to add a customer box. In this way, when the operator has to fill out a form, he/she will just have to tap on the customer box to find all the customers’ data (name, address, and so on) which is in the database, without the need to copy all the information by hand.
- GPS Detection. With the GPS tool you can communicate to your operators the exact itinerary they have to follow which can be helpful to manage your transporters (read the case of the Italian company Iren) .
- Checklists. Create your own checklists with the material you need to check. For instance, you may need a checklist to check the activities to be done during the day, to perform the picking up activities, or to control that the state of the equipment (if they need to be sent to repair, for instance), a solution that makes this activity even faster and reduces human errors.
- Digital Signature. Certify your documents with a digital signature, so you won’t have the problem to look for a pen anymore, you just need your finger!
- PDF Preview. A simple tool that allows to show a PDF preview to the client, so he’ll be aware of what he’s going to sign.
4. It’s a Super App
No, we didn’t get crazy, TDox is a real super app. What does it mean? Basically, the platform works as a repository of apps, therefore all the apps that you build can be found in the TDox super app. No more dispersive organization, TDox represents your point of reference for your working activities, and it helps your employees to perform their tasks in a digital way.
Therefore, your employees don’t have to download a multitude of apps to perform their tasks, but they just have to download the TDox super app on their mobile device to find the different apps you’ve create on web app.
5. It harnesses Automation
The fifth reason to choose TDox for your logistic management is that it harnesses the automation to make processes even faster. In fact, with the use of robotic process automation (RPA), TDox automates processes like data entry and communication, but it also facilitates the data collection, because the platform helps you compile forms by suggesting the right option to accelerate this activity.
Additionally, thanks to the TDox Agenda you may warn your workforce about urgencies, deadlines, or schedule changes or simply about the daily tasks to be performed. In fact, you can create a workload (read the full guide about TDox Workloads here) on webapp and then this is automatically sent to the employees who receive on their smartphone or tablet the task that has to be performed(here the multi-experience feature), so they can get rid of other dispersive communication tools like emails or instant messaging software, because they have all in one single platform.
Eventually, relating to the automation of data collection, TDox has just implemented the use of augmented reality (AR) combined to the artificial intelligence (AI) through the use of the optical character recognition. Thanks to these technologies, it’s possible to frame a piece of text with the camera of your smartphone and TDox will be able to identify the different text blocks by updating in real time what the user can see as soon as he/she moves the hand on the framing. Once this will be done, the user will be able to choose some of them which will be connected, and they’ll give value to the form. Eventually, the user will have the possibility to modify the text if it’s necessary.
Choose TDox to digitize your Logistic Management
Don’t waste time, choose TDox and digitize your logistic management. You have to know that signing up is free and then, if you want to harness all the benefits of TDox, you can monthly or yearly subscribe to the platform as it happens for other subscriptions like Netflix or Amazon. It’s up to you to decide to stop using TDox or to continue to take advantage of it.
In conclusion, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us to know more about TDox and what it can do for you. Furthermore, if you are interested in seeing what TDox looks like in action, request a free demo, and discover a new world of opportunities.
We’re low coding your business apps!
Request a Demo