If you’re looking for a way to improve your business, well the mobile app development process can be a great solution that eliminates paper and all the complications that this element involves, in favor of a digital and easier approach.
In this article we want to focus on the importance of corporate processes digitization in order to avoid delays and to facilitate the activities of your workforce who can work in an easier and simpler manner, so they can deliver a better result. Follow us!
Mobile App Development: what is it?
Before we analyze how important the mobile app development process is, we have to define what it is. According to TechTarget, mobile application development “is the set of processes and procedures involved in writing software for small, wireless computing devices, such as smartphones and other hand-held devices”.
The peculiarity of this process, in contrast with web app development, is that mobile apps can be built to harness specific features of a particular mobile device. It’s the case of some gaming apps that take advantage of the iPhone’s accelerometer or other health apps that harness a smartwatch’s temperature sensor.
Furthermore, for what concerns workforce activities, the enterprise mobility reveals to be one of the top mobile app development trends of 2022, since “the mobile-empowered workforce allows employees to work in a more flexible way – for example from mobile phones – and has been proven to boost productivity and work satisfaction levels […] with the rising adoption of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), a market which is supposed to be worth 366.95 billion USD by 2022, and the utilization of cloud technologies alongside the massive social changes regarding the way we work, the expected rise of the mobile enterprise app market seems inevitable ”.
A Low-Code Approach
Among the various solutions to start a mobile app development process, the low-code approach is the one that will meet most organization’s needs. As a matter of fact, thanks to low-code technology is possible to visually create applications without having a professional programming background, therefore anyone can create an app. It’s not necessary to focus on the syntax of the code anymore, but you just have to concentrate on the aspect and on the functionalities of the application.
This high accessibility allows to have final users of these apps who become the developers, so they have a deep knowledge about the business needs. Moreover, low-code technology marks the entrance of citizen developers who can create much needed apps, thanks to a simpler development path. This approach allows the launch of new ideas which can be iterated more quickly.
Additionally, the mobile app development is accelerated with low-code, as Forrester research reports by saying that “the vast majority of companies reported that their low-code platforms helped them accelerate development by five to 10 times. […] Companies shared that visually configuring new applications using these platforms has helped speed up development and allowed the businesses to provide real-time feedback on the resulting applications’ functionality”.
All these advantages guarantee a significant cost reduction, since you don’t have to hire professional developers, but you can also quickly build minimum viable products (MVP) to validate ideas and customer requirements before wasting money and time on features that won’t work.
TDox: create apps for your workforce
As the digital transformation advances, it’s fundamental for every organization to adapt to market changes. For this reason, one of the best ways to do it is to build applications to help your workforce in their daily tasks.
In this sense, TDox represents a big ally, because it’s a platform that harnesses the low-code technology to allow you to create business apps which are available on various mobile devices. In fact, TDox isn’t a common platform, but it’s a multi-experience development platform (MXDP) because it makes the apps that you create available on:
- Rugged Devices
- Barcode Driven Devices
- Smart Glasses
You just have to create them from web app and then, once you’ve downloaded TDox app from your store (Google Store or App Store), they’re available on your mobile device.
Specific features offered by TDox
Thanks to the use of low-code technology, with TDox the mobile app development process is easier, because you can drag-and-drop the features that you need for your specific task.
For instance, you can build many apps, like:
- Construction Site Inspection Report
- Equipment Management
- Inspection Checklist
- Maintenance Test Report
- Proof of Delivery (POD)
- Work Order
- Bill of Lading (BOL)
- Expense Report
- Order Picking
- Products Traceability
- Purchase Order Request
- Sampling Reports
But what are these specific features you can add? Let’s see them:
- Text Box and Date Picker. Insert text boxes where you can write, for instance, the name of the operator that perform that tasks and the data when the intervention is done.
- Camera integration. TDox is integrated with the camera of the mobile device, so operators can take pictures of the construction site or notify anomalies and damages. These pictures can be easily attached to the form and thanks to the time stamp, TDox is able to record the exact moment when the picture is taken. This integration also makes possible to read barcodes, a helpful tool that can be used to identify tools or specific material.
- Customer Box. Among the various functionalities, there’s the possibility to add a customer box. In this way, when the operator has to fill out a form, he/she will just have to tap on the customer box to find all the customers’ data (name, address, and so on) which is in the database, without the need to copy all the information by hand.
- GPS Detection. With the GPS tool you can communicate to your operators the exact itinerary they have to follow which can be helpful, for instance, if you work in the logistics sector and you have to manage your transporters.
- Checklists. Create your own checklists with the material you need to check. For instance, you may need a checklist to check the activities to be done during the day or to control that the state of the equipment (if they need to be sent to repair, for instance), a solution that makes this activity even faster and reduces human errors.
- Digital Signature. Certify your documents with a digital signature, so you won’t have the problem to look for a pen anymore, you just need your finger!
- PDF Preview. A simple tool that allows to show a PDF preview to the client, so he’ll be aware of what he’s going to sign.
TDox is not like the others
TDox isn’t only a platform that allows you to accelerate the mobile app development process for your workforce activities, but it has some characteristics that differentiate it from other platforms. For example:
- It’s native offline. Basically, its engine is set on your mobile device which means that if your employees need to work in places where connection is low, they can keep doing it without worrying about losing data or without speed complication. It will be enough synchronizing data as soon as they get access to an internet connection.
- It’s a Super App. One of the advantages of TDox is being a super app. What does it mean? Basically, the platform works as a repository of apps, therefore all the apps that you build can be found in the TDox super app. No more dispersive organization, TDox represents your point of reference for your working activities, and it helps your employees to perform their tasks in a digital way.
- Automation. Thanks to automation, TDox facilitates different activities, like data entry, communication (since you can generate orders and assign them to your workforce who will see the tasks to be performed on their mobile devices), and even data collection, because the platform helps you compile forms by suggesting the right option to accelerate this activity.
- Optical Character Recognition. Through the implementation of augmented reality (AR) and artificial intelligence (AI), TDox simplifies the data collection. Actually, you just have to frame a piece of text with the camera of your smartphone and TDox will be able to identify the different text blocks (through the use of artificial intelligence) by updating in real time what the user can see as soon as he/she moves the hand on the framing. Once this will be done, the user will be able to choose some of them which will be connected, and they’ll give value to the form. Eventually, the user will have the possibility to modify the text if it’s necessary.
Don’t waste time, choose TDox and digitize your workforce. You have to know that signing up is free and then, if you want to harness all the benefits of TDox, you can monthly or yearly subscribe to the platform as it happens for other subscriptions like Netflix or Amazon. It’s up to you to decide to stop using TDox or to continue to take advantage of it.
In conclusion, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us to know more about TDox and what it can do for you. Furthermore, if you are interested in seeing what TDox looks like in action, request a free demo, and discover a new world of opportunities.
We’re low coding your business apps!
Request a Demo