Have you ever thought that there’s an incredible multitude of apps for different kinds of activity? You can find apps helpful to buy cars, to call a taxi, translators, instant messaging apps, shopping apps, and so on (we could go ahead to the infinity and beyond, as a famous Pixar character used to say). According to this, a current picture of the digital context we are living is quite clear: a so dispersive situation where people could miss out the solution they’re looking for. What if we said that a super app that includes various microapps already exists and it can enormously facilitate your life?
If you’ve never heard about super app, don’t worry because it’s something new and companies are going to go in that direction. Ok, but what’s a super app? Gartner defines it as “A super app is more than just a composite mobile app. It is built as a platform to deliver modular microapps that users can activate for personalized app experiences. Software engineering leaders should determine whether a super app aligns with their composable business strategies”.
The idea of super app started in China with the popular messaging app WeChat. Basically, with WeChat you can message your friends, but this is only one of the functionalities that this app offers. As a matter of fact, it can be used to take out a loan to buy a car, buy movie tickets, order food delivery, pay utility bills, hail a cab, or send money to friends. Everything in one single app and it doesn’t surprise that more than two-thirds of Chinese populations uses this amazing super app.
As AgileTech reports, there are some useful advantages of a super app, like:
- All in one experience in one app
- A variety of services under one umbrella
- Saving phone memory
- Incredible volumes of customer data
- Marketplace capabilities — third parties join into ecosystems
For these reasons, there are many examples of successful cases super app in the market!
What about the western world?
For what concerns the western world, companies are playing catch-up. Alex Heath, senior reporter of The Verge, reports different examples, like Facebook which started adding shopping features , so people can complete purchases on the same app without going elsewhere. Then, there’s Twitter which started as an SMS, text-based service, but now, it lets users natively host audio rooms and newsletters and put their tweets behind a paywall. TikTok recently added an in-app shopping experience and introduced a platform for developers to build their own app experiences into its main video feed.
Moreover, Alex Heath highlights another important company that is already on the way to become a super app, which is Snapchat. In fact, a few years ago the company introduced some microapps developed by other developers which allow you to play games with other people, mediate, or book movie tickets. All these activities can be done without leaving the app and this allows to have a single platform where you can find all you need.
The importance of offering as many services as possible by an app is underlined by 2021 State of Mobile research made by data.ai which says that people spend an average of 4.2 hours a day on their mobiles and there is a 7% YoY growth on new app downloads, jumping to 218 billion in 2020. For this reason, keeping users on your app is essential to have their attention and this can be done offering them more and more services that allow your app to be completer and more reliable than others.
TDox: a Super App for your Workforce
Speaking of super app, we want to focus on TDox which has a particular attention to the workforce. What does it mean? First of all, we need to describe TDox.
TDox is a multi-experience development platform (MXDP) that operates in 4 main sectors:
- Construction Industry
- Logistic Sector
- Quality Control Activities
- Maintenance Operations
It offers solutions that aim to facilitate workforce activities through the use of low-code technology that gives the possibility to visually create various processes and embed them in one app. Then, the multi-experience feature comes in help, because it makes these apps available on Android and iOS mobile apps and on different devices, such as:
- Barcode Driven Devices
- Smart Glasses
- Rugged Devices
These functionalities are thought to help employees in the specific sectors in which TDox operates and, actually, there are many apps that you can create with TDox, for example:
- Construction Site Inspection Report
- Equipment Management
- Inspection Checklist
- Maintenance Test Report
- Proof of Delivery (POD)
- Work Order
- Bill of Lading (BOL)
- Expense Report
- Order Picking
- Products Traceability
- Purchase Order Request
- Sampling Reports
In this way there’s no more dispersive organization, but a centralization of activities in one single app. With TDox you create all the apps that you need and get your repository of apps.
More functionalities to be added
When you create an app with TDox, you can add various functionalities that give a plus to your work, such as:
- Camera integration. TDox is integrated with the camera of the mobile device, so operators can take pictures of the construction site or notify anomalies and damages. These pictures can be easily attached to the form and thanks to the time stamp, TDox is able to record the exact moment when the picture is taken. This integration also makes possible to read barcodes, a helpful tool that can be used to identify tools or specific material.
- GPS Detection. With the GPS tool you can communicate to your operators the exact itinerary they have to follow which can be helpful, for instance, if you work in the logistics sector and you have to manage your transporters.
- Checklists. Create your own checklists with the material you need to check. For instance, you may need a checklist to check the activities to be done during the day or to control that the state of the equipment (if they need to be sent to repair, for instance), a solution that makes this activity even faster and reduces human errors.
- Digital Signature. Certify your documents with a digital signature, so you won’t have the problem to look for a pen anymore, you just need your finger!
- PDF Preview. A simple tool that allows to show a PDF preview to the client, so he’ll be aware of what he’s going to sign.
Get the TDox Super App
As you could see, working with TDox is much easier and the workforce will be able to work safer and more comfortable. As a result of this, there will be less mistakes and wastes of time, energies, and money by allowing people to be more focused on what they have to do.
TDox combines the fact to be a super app and at the same time a MXDP, so it gives solutions that perfectly meet employees needs and, of course, business needs. If people get the right tools to work and they’re happy, it’s the company that gets the most benefits from it, because this allows to increase productivity and improve standard quality levels.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us to know more about TDox super app and what it can do for you. Furthermore, if you are interested in seeing what TDox looks like in action, request a free demo, and discover a new world of opportunities.
We’re low coding your business apps!
Request a Demo