Can automation give a significant advantage to your business? The answer is yes, automation, and more specifically the application of robotic process automation (RPA), opens your company to a completely new world of opportunities. Lately, we have been reading many articles and news regarding the digital transformation that organizations are facing due to the new customers requests. In this sense, Covid-19 pandemic accelerated this process, and this created the necessity to adopt new technologies to be competitive.
One of these new technologies is the robotic process automation which is, as CIO.com defines it, “an application of technology, governed by business logic and structured inputs, aimed at automating business processes. Using RPA tools, a company can configure software, or a “robot,” to capture and interpret applications for processing a transaction, manipulating data, triggering responses and communicating with other digital systems”.
Therefore, the application of robotic process automation spares human workers from needing to spend their time on redundant and tedious works, so your employees can focus on more strategic tasks and develop better their talents. Be careful! Adopting RPA does not mean replacing humans, in contrast it means giving a support to your workforce to allow people to work safer and better, because human factor cannot be replaced.
However, RPA is related to other 2 components which are business process management (BPM) and artificial intelligence (AI). These three elements are part of the intelligent automation (IA) which, according to IBM, “simplifies processes, frees up resources and improves operational efficiencies, and it has a variety of applications. For example, an automotive manufacturer may use IA to speed up production or reduce the risk of human error, or a pharmaceutical or life sciences company may use intelligent automation to reduce costs and gain resource efficiencies where repetitive processes exist”.
What are RPA Benefits?
Beyond the simplifications that the application of robotic process automation can bring, we find other benefits that can help improve your business. What are these benefits? Let’s see them together!
- Higher productivity. Software robots do not get tired, so they do not have to stop for a coffee break which allows them to complete the same tasks about five times faster. Higher productivity can reduce expenses as well as give the possibility to achieve a rapid growth.
- Accuracy. Linked to the previous benefits we have an accuracy level increase, since robots are 100% accurate. Thanks to RPA you avoid mistakes related to tiredness or lack of attention which are common if people have to perform tasks at the end of the day, for example.
- Customer satisfaction. It is clear that freeing up your employees from redundant tasks allows them to give more attention to the customer service. As a result of this, your company is able to offer a better and a more specific customer service that can meet your clients’ requirements.
- Employee satisfaction. Yes, because RPA does not only increase the customer satisfaction, but also the employees’ one since your workforce can get rid of mundane tasks and find new solutions to improve your business. Furthermore, less headaches for them and we are sure they will be grateful for this.
- Accelerate the digital transformation. The application of robotic process automation represents a boost to digitally transform your company. As a matter of fact, according to a Pegasystems’ survey conducted on 500 decision makers, the 63% of global executives says that automation is a major component in digital transformation and 23% says that it is the most important component.
- Return of investment (ROI). Through the use of RPA, you will see your ROI rapidly increasing in weeks instead of waiting for months using some IT expenditures.
Where can RPA be used?
RPA uses are different and various, some of them are reported by Bernard Marr & Co., such as:
- Call center operations. RPA can help consolidate all the info about a customer on a single screen, so the human customer service agents have the information they need form multiple systems to provide the best service they can.
- Data migration/entry and forms processing. Pulling information from legacy systems is easier with RPA and it avoids human errors. Moreover, if a paper form needs to be transferred to digital, RPA can read it and get the data freeing up humans.
- Claims administration. RPA can be a big support especially in healthcare and insurance to input and process claims, because it can do it faster and with fewer errors.
- Support the sales process. RPA can be used to streamline processes like updating the CRM, setting up the client in the billing system, and inputting data into sales metrics and monitoring systems.
- Help desk. With RPA is possible to diminish the workload of the human help desk by taking care of straightforward, repetitive issues.
Take advantage of RPA with TDox
As you could see, RPA has different uses, but you need to entrust on the right ally in order to take advantage of automation. This is TDox, a multi-experience development platform (MXDP) that harnesses the low-code technology to provide solutions for your company digitization. The main goal is to make internal business processes available both on the webapp and on Android and iOS mobile apps. As a result of this, TDox is a platform that wants to facilitate your workforce activities by giving them digital tools that can support their work.
How can TDox do that? Through automation and the application of robotic process automation. For instance, TDox offers you the agenda, a very helpful tool to plan activities and operations. Actually, you can create an order on webapp and then this is automatically sent to the operators who receive a notification with the task that has to be performed, so they can get rid of other dispersive communication tools like emails or instant messaging software, because they have all in one single platform.
Furthermore, TDox uses RPA also for what concerns data collection and communication. A clear example is the case of the maintenance works where the technician has to send a report to the client or to the office after he/she has performed a specific task. A prefilled email with the attached document will be sent in automatic, so it will avoid the tedious process of downloading the file and writing a new email. The adding plus is that this procedure can be done by smartphone or table, so essentially with a click.
Eventually, TDox gives you the chance to have Excel files which can be created in automatic without data entry needed. It is the case of logistics where you have to manage the material in your stock, and you need to keep recorded a register with the right quantity of goods. This is a simple solution that allows you to save time and energies.
Choose TDox, always at your Workforce service
TDox is at your workforce service, because its solutions are employees oriented. The application of robotic process automation is a clear example, but it is not only this feature to be one of the main supports to your workforce. In fact, employees can use this app even offline, and this is possible because its engine is native offline, that means that it is set on the mobile device. Consequently, if your employee has to work in places where connection is low, he/she can keep doing it without any fear of losing data or without speed complication. It will be enough synchronizing data as soon as he/she gets access to an internet connection.
Ensuring that your workforce works with ease and allowing your employees to use better their talents consents to create a safe environment in your company where people are appreciated and motivated in improving their work. If you want to have a product that reflects high quality standards, first you need to ensure that your workforce has all the right tools to deliver the best product or service they can. Having happier employees allows to have better results.
For this reason, we offer our peculiar application development, we help you to achieve your rapid development goals. Our technicians are here to support you and lead you to create your own automation process.
If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us to know more about TDox and what it can do for you. Furthermore, if you are interested in seeing what TDox looks like in action, request a free demo, and discover a new world of opportunities. We’re low coding your business apps!
Request a Demo